A Lost Pilot
Shrimp is popping out on the alternative rap scene. From Atlanta, he is tapping into this new genre that was pioneered by Lil Peep. With popular tracks including "Pretty Lies," "It'll Happen," and "Smile," Shrimp is becoming a staple in the new age of rap in Atlanta. With a unique sound, and a unique personality, make sure to keep your eyes peeled for his emergence.
We were able to catch up with Shrimp and get an interview with him. Here is the first "5 Questions With" segment of our interviews:
What made you want to start making music?
- My parents were always surrounding me with music. My dad was in a metal band in college, and my mom was a music major. The first thing that really made me want to start making music, though, was Guitar Hero 3. After playing it for a while, I convinced my parents to buy me a guitar and let me start taking lessons. I started at 9 years old and ever since then, I’ve been making music.
Do you think listening/making music is a form of therapy, and if so, why?
- Absolutely. It’s the only thing that kept me sane growing up. I’ve had a severe anxiety disorder since I was 8 and music has always been able to keep my mind from wandering into dark places. I get so lost in each individual instrument in a song and it truly puts my mind at ease.
If you could could collaborate with one artist, dead or alive, who would it be, and why?
- I really don’t know. There are so many both dead and alive that I’d love to work with. The people I love working with the most are my friends in Thoughtcrime. It’s always so fun and thats what makes music great to me. I don’t think I could choose just one person to work with because there are way too many great artists out right now.
Biggest musical influence?
- I don’t really have a specific answer for this one either. I’m truly influenced by everyone I listen to and everything I look for inspiration in. Whether that be nature, family, friends, whatever it is, it influences the next song I create. I’m very much influenced by the underground rap scene, like GBC, SHWB, Yung Lean, Bladee, Suicideboys, Goth Money, etc. I’m also very influenced by the shit I grew up on, like Guns n Roses, Slayer, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, Prince, etc. I just really love all music types, and I try to incorporate everything I can into my music.
Any future projects we should know about?
- Yeeeeeeeee, I got a tape with Hanzo coming soon, an EP with Shinigami, and helllllla Thoughtcrime stuff coming.
We wish nothing but the best and future success to Shrimp. Here are the links to his SoundCloud, Spotify, and Instagram.